Well my friends, not much to tell you today, as I said, the wife and I had our jabs on Thursday, a little bit of discomfort yesterday and today, and I did wake up with a headache, but as I told my brother in law, after a morning cup of tea, I was perfectly ok. They do say that you can feel tired after the jab, the wife did go to bed last night at 9 pm, but I was still awake at midnight plus 9 and when I did fall asleep, It was the sleep of the gods as they say.

The next story will start tomorrow, and I think you will like it, it is to do with the Royal Navy, but in all respects is a love story, well let's be honest, all my stories are love stories, in some form or other and I promise this will be the same, a little bit of hanky panky except it will not be too raunchy, as the wife says, Mills and Boon are as good as it gets, but even some of those books can be a little over the top, but I will try and keep mine to the same level as the last three. In the 50, and 60s in films, the lovemaking was shown as waves crashing onto a beach, or the sound of a full orchestra playing in the background. One of my favourite films, is Hobsons Choice, where Will Mossop has married the oldest sister, and he is called to the bedroom, you hear the music and know exactly what is going on, and in the morning when she picks up a tray of dirty plates he puts his arms around her and says by gum.

I have read loads of books where you get the gory details, as I call it a minute by minute account of what is going on, and I have read books where you have to use your imagination, and In the 21st century, I don't think that is good or bad, my view is, when you read about two people in bed and they are going to make love, be it the first time or halfway through the book, the reader needs to know a little of what is going on, just to understand the main characters in the story. I hope, that in all my books I have tried to do just that. I do find, that when I write, I do tend to use the people I know, there attitudes, the way they think and would act in that situation. I could write a whole story on my ex wives, a book for each, but that would only be telling tales about two people I, would say hate, but not now, too much water has passed under the bridge since I was married to either of them. I now realise after a lot of talking to Maureen, that I should never have married either of them, I should have stuck to my naval career, finished my 27 years, bought myself a house and settled down, and if a woman did come into my life, I would have said the same as Maureen said to me. "Do the dirty on me, and you're out on your ear hole and your clothes will follow you out the door". But It never happened like that. 

Anyway, I can look back on the last 34 years with a smile on my face, I am a one woman man, and have stayed faithful to the wives I had, but when they do the dirty on me, then I do the right thing, I make tracks and leave. With Maureen and I, she has accepted that I am that guy she wants in her life, that I can be trusted, and that I will never look to the other side of the street for something better than what I have at this moment. We are six months apart in age, my birthday being in June, and Maureen's in December, so for six months in the year, we are the same age, and it's nice to grow old together as well, we see the wrinkles on each other's faces, and the hair a snowy white, not that I have any hair on the roof any more, that all fell out when our neighbour from hell took over the whole block with her music. But she has now gone to cause havoc with some other poor neighbour, and we, well we are still left to pick up the pieces of 14 months of agro. but we are getting there, and although the hair wants to regrow again, I feel that keeping the head shaved, is fare better under the conditions we are now living in.

As I say, Maureen and I are growing old together and that feels very nice, apart from her and her sports, we have a lot in common, and in some ways, we do fit together like the proverbial jigsaw, even in the bedroom, and I am going back 13 or 14 years our lovemaking was fantastic, slow, but fantastic, and today, we don't look back anymore, we now look forward to what we might have in the future. We still dream of that big win, so that we can buy the flat back, pay off the debt and get our own transport again, we have lived in our own little bubble for a long time, and it would be nice if we could extend that bubble to a small camper so that once this pandemic is over and we can get away for a few days holiday, we can still remain in our own little bubble, but in the fresh air of the countryside, or the sea, to be honest, we don't care, just to be able to drive ourselves to somewhere have a sandwich and a cup of tea and watch the views, something we cannot do where we live, all we have to look at is an open patch of green and a line of trees, yes we can watch our family of squirrels jumping from branch to branch, and the birds in the trees, but that is about it for us. So as I said, a nice win on the lottery would help us, that Thunderball would be fantastic to win, and we would be able to do everything we needed to do plus some, and with our pensions plus a bit from the pot, we would be able to live out our lives without worrying about anything, all the bills would be paid, we could get the things we want for the flat and enjoy shopping without wondering if we have enough left in the account to pay the next electric bill or gas bill. Oh well, its all pie in the sky so they tell me, so we just plod on, day by day week by week.

But, and this is the most important thing I have learned over the last34 years, Maureen and I do it together, its called teamwork, a partnership of two people who love each other enough to happily work together to achieve their goals in life. And if you love someone that much, then you both know that what you are striving to reach, can be done, yes it may take time, but as long as you both work together it can be done. With my ex wives we never worked together, they did their own thing, and I did mine, which meant we were never compatible from day one, so why do we do it, why do we marry people that are not going to be there for us.

A quick story before I close, When I was due to marry my first wife, my father came to me and said. "Michael this marriage will never work, now son, if you like, I will give you the money for the train, and you head back to your ship. I will explain to the guests in the church that the wedding is off". I didn't do it, I married the girl. My father told me that the only way this marriage would work, was to get her away from her mother, so with a bit of help, I took her to Hong Kong, but again it was hopeless. Whilst in Hong Kong, My wife gave birth to a son, but there were huge complications, cleft pallet, hair lip and twisted stomach. but one by one they were sorted out, and I carried on with my naval career thinking that she was taking care of my son.

Today my son is in his 50s, I have not seen him since he was 8, I got a letter saying he had decided to cut all ties with me, and I accepted his decision, still do, but I also know, that this was a mothers revenge for leaving her, even though it was her fault that I did. Today, I am happily married to the one woman who has been truly faithful to me and me to her, we love each other so much, that I know, life even without the lovemaking can and will always be fun with her next to me. And when we have had our hour in bed with our tablets doing our own thing, and we switch them off, snuggle down under the duvet and turn off the bedside lights, we are more than happy to have a kiss and cuddle, say we love you and close our eyes. And if we do wake in the middle of the night to use the loo, the other one is waiting with open arms to snuggle back in. That is married life, that is love in its truest form, and that is how married life should be.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Canoe, A Love Story