It was the night of Christmas eve, both Anna and I had gone for a slow walk, and were heading for the old boathouse, Anna was giggling, she had the idea that we were going to try something, but had no idea what. Michael, I do want you to make love to me, and I want you to make love to me here, but I am wondering how you plan to do it". we went to our pillar and Anna stood with her back to it, we held each other and kissed. "Ok loverboy, how do we make love with me in this condition". I turned Anna round so that she was facing the pillar, and with her two hands resting on the upright, then raising her dress at the back, we made love. I must admit, it wasn't wholly successful, but we did it anyway like Anna said. "Sorry love, you didn't fill the vault, but it did feel good just having you try". Arm in arm we headed back to the hotel, I told Anna to go up to the room, I went to the bar and with a San Mig and a lemonade and lime on a small tray joined her. We sat in the two easy chairs that had been put into the room on the manager's orders, and with the curtains wide open we sat and watched the lights glinting on the creek, and the last of the traffic heading home, with our drinks finished we climbed into bed and snuggled down, sleep came very quickly.

Christmas morning laid in bed we gave each other presents, I bought Anna a new charm for her bracelet, a campervan in green and cream, I also bought her an eternity ring, some new panties of my own choosing and a couple of new bras, again my own choosing. Anna bought me a new solar powered watch, some more shirts, all cotton, three sleeveless and three sorts of dress shirts, but all very nice and like I said. "I love everything you have given me thank you love". I gave Anna a kiss. Anna was looking at the panties I had bought her, "Michael, I think I will put these away until after the twins are born, they are very beautiful, and extremely sexy, so when this body is back to normal, I promise to wear them then, maybe when we go away in the camper".

We went up for breakfast a little early and gave the staff boxes of chocolates, we gave Henry a card with £100 inside it, we gave the girls on the reception desk chocolates and a card for the manager again with £100 inside, both the cards wished them a merry Christmas and a happy new year including there families, and we signed them Michael and Anna Palmer.

Our final week there was one of total enjoyment as a couple, we did do everything we had put down on the itinerary, and for the rest of the time, we went to Valletta and Sliema and walked slowly around, stopping when we needed to, or at least when Anna needed to, we drank gallons of coffee ate dozens of cheesecakes, but all the time we were doing it we were happy, we talked about the future and what we hoped would be best for us as a family, as we said, we were both new to this game, love was a doddle, marriage was a doddle, but children, and two together, that needed some thought, but like we said, we were a team, and as a team, we would win, you just needed a plan of action.

New years eve was very good, the staff and guests were in the dining room, all the tables had been moved except the two that had the food and drink on, and as the floor was wood tiled, and there was a man on a keyboard, there was of course dancing. Anna and I did get up, we had a couple of dances, and we also celebrated the Maltese New Year, however, there is a little ritual in Malta with us Brits, as there is an hour between Malta and England, we tend to celebrate twice, which tends to go down very well. But with Anna feeling very tired, we made our excuses and headed back to our room after bringing in the Maltese New Year. As we left the room we wished everyone a Happy New Year and hope to see them again very soon.

Anna and I left Malta on the 3rd January, the sky was blue and the sun was shining, the flight back to Bristol was very smooth. When we got ready to land at Bristol the pilot told everyone that Bristol was overcast and the temperature was one degree, as we made the approach, we did feel the aircraft shake a little, but we were not unduly worried, once on the ground and parked up, the doors were opened and as soon as they were, both Anna and I were very glad we wore the same clothes we came out in, including our winter topcoats, we had gone from a balmy 65 degrees to 1 degree in just over two hours, well at least the guy behind us knew, he joined the aircraft in shorts, a vest type shirt and flipflops, with the doors opened we watched this man turn from light tan, to pink, to a pale blue, as he made his way to the door and down the steps onto the tarmac, he was dark blue and starting to shiver, as I said to Anna. "I bet he never does that again".

The run back to Taunton and our flat was almost perfect, we had very little traffic on the road, it was only as we made our way through Taunton and onto our village that there was any build up, and I think that was people who had been away for the holiday and like us were heading home. In the flat, Anna sorted out the cases and soon had the washing machine on, I made us both a cup of tea, we had already decided to have fish and chips for our dinner, then do a weekly shop in the morning.

Sat in a local cafe in Taunton called Biddys having our usual milky coffee Anna said. "Michael love, I have thought about it long and hard, I think we need to sell the flat and move into a home with at least three bedrooms". she touched her tummy. "Sorry love, but the flat will be far too small when these two come into the world". I sat there with my cup in my hand, I was a little shocked at what she said, I was under the impression that Anna and I would be able to live in our flat for the rest of our lives, but what she was saying made a lot of sense, a one bedroom flat was no place to try and bring up two children, plus the fact it would be one of each. "Ok". I said". "So what are we talking about here". "Well love, I know you love the village we live in, and you would like to stay there, so if we can find a nice three bedroom property in the village, we can sale the flat and move there, we have loads of money in the bank, I cannot see a problem". "Ok love, tell you what, let's go up into the High Street and check out the estate agents, then we can go to the bank, then do the shopping". Anna leaned across the table and kissed my mouth. That's why I fell in love with you". she said. "Always have a plan". We made our way up to the High Street and went into every estate agent there, and it was the last one we saw what looked like the home for us, 3 bedroom bungalow, lounge dinner, large kitchen, bathroom with shower, long garden with patio and conservatory, carport to the side of bungalow and front area paved with entrance gates. The property was in the village and I had an idea where it was. "Anna". I said. "If this property is where I think it is, and we can buy it, we will be set for life". we arranged a viewing the following day at midday, then headed for the bank.

In the manager's office we told him the situation and our plans, he smiled at us both and said. " give me your card Mr Palmer and we can check your account". he was looking at his computer screen and nodding his head. "Well Mr and Mrs Palmer, your bank balance is looking very healthy, what are you planning to do with regards to buying this new home of yours". I told him it would be a cash sale, he was shaking his head. "Mr Palmer, you are both faily young, why not let us arrange a mortgage of say £5000 over ten years, the repayments will be minimal and you will get a bit of tax relief as well". Anna was nodding. "That sounds ideal". she said." Michael love lets go for it, if anything does happen to us, the children will have a home and money in the bank, and if it means they have to pay off the mortgage, then £5000 is change in there pockets". "No Mrs Palmer". the manager said. "We will set up an insurance policy in your names so that if anything does happen to you both, heaven forbid, but the £5000 will be paid off in full, less of coarse what you will have already paid". we shook hands and went back to the estate agent to say we were very interested and that we would be at the bungalow at midday.

We went to the bungalow the following day and both realised, it was just what we were looking for, it was perfect, but we did not tell the owner that, I asked him if he would be prepared to drop the price by £5000 if we paid cash, he and his wife had a talk about it then came back and shook my hand. "Yes, Mr Palmer, if you can make it a cash deal, then I am prepared to drop the price, but it must be cash". Anna and I returned to the flat and I rang the bank manager and told him the situation. "No problem Mr Palmer". he said. "We will pay the cash price for the bungalow, then take from your account the money less the agreed mortgage, if you can come into the bank one day next week we can get all the paperwork done, by the way, do you have a solicitor". "No I don't". I said. "No problem Mr Palmer, you leave that side to us as well and I think you will find we can be very efficient and fast when it comes to house buying and selling.

Anna entered the local hospital on the 28th January and both of our children were born within minutes of each other, William first followed very closely by Rose, these had been the named we had chosen. I watched in pure delight as my new family was being born, as I say first William, then as if by some sort of magnetism Rose sort of plopped out straight after. It was also agreed by Anna and myself that while Anna was in the hospital she would have a hysterectomy, the main reason being what the doctor had said to us. "With my sperm count being high when we made love, there was a good chance of Anna having twins or triplets every nine months". We both felt this was our little miracle and we did not want a miracle every nine months, we were happy with what we had, and life was going to get better with every passing year

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Canoe, A Love Story