Chapter 5

Over the weekend, Hannah and Stuart worked on the plans for the site, but also worked on each other, they spent the weekend enjoying what each of them had to offer the other, and Stuart was beginning to understand about women, and as he said in bed on the Sunday night, "Hannah I think we have something very special". and as she held him in her arms and they kissed, she knew it, yes she was Maltese and Stuart was English, but she was learning that English men we not like Maltese men, they were gentle with there women, treated them as equals and when talking, was prepared to sit and listen, most Maltese men took the attitude that they were the ones in charge and they made the final decisions which had put Hannah of the men in her local town, and she tended to stay away from it and all that it held for her. Hannah was really hoping that Stuart would be the man for her, she was falling for him, and even when she poured out her heart to him, and he held her in his arms, he didn't say I love you too, he just said: "It's ok, I have you, your safe". So on the Sunday night, Hannah asked Stuart if he was in love with her, he bought her mouth to his own and kissed her. "Yes Hannah, I do love you, but to be honest, I was never really loved, my parents tolerated me, but my mum never said she loved me, not that I ever remember, and my father, well he looked on me as a fool, and that is why I ended up working on the campsite in Devon, the boss took me under his wing, and Brenda treated me like her son, but again, no one ever said they loved me. So, if you say you love me and continue to show me your love as you are doing, then please, I will try to show you that I can love you, but I may not say it, as often as I should, but it is there I promise you". he then kissed Hannah again and whispered. "Hannah, I mmm, I,I love, mmm you". Hannah held Stuart very tightly in her embrace, she understood, and for him to say those three little words meant everything to her.

Monday morning, the sky was blue and cloudless the sun was just coming over the horizon and already you could feel the suns rays as it seemed to rise from under the sea and warm up the land. There was a knock at the door and Stuart went to answer it, it was the foreman and with him the workforce all ready to get on with the main work on the site. Stuart asked Michael to step into the lounge area which over the weekend both Hannah and he had turned into a small office with site plans laid out on a table. He then with Hannah's help told Michael that he wanted to split the workforce into the four groups, the first would start work on the indoor pool, the second group would start on the outdoor pool, group three would take on the grassed pitches for tents and the last group would start getting the caravan and campervan pitches ready. Michael was given four maps of the site, with dimensions of what size each job was to be, He was also told that Hannah and himself had, over the weekend staked the area for the two pools, and had roughly staked out the areas for the pitches, Michael was also told, that although the site had to be finished within the allotted time of three years, for every week early the site was finished, there would be a nice little bonus in there final pay packets, Hannah explained that if the campsite was finished 6 weeks early, then they would be paid the 6 weeks money plus a nice backhander tax free, when the men were told this and given their assignments they went away with smiles on there faces.

The first major job was the two swimming pools, the indoor pool was to be 75 metres long by 25 wide, it was going to be 8 foot deep at the deep end, and 2foot 6 inches at the shallow end, it was going to have a glass roof and walls with windows that opened up automatically when the inside got to a certain temperature. At the shallow end, there would be a small bar selling drinks and snacks and two sliding doors to allow the campers access to the pool.

The outdoor pool was going to be in the shape of a large figure 8, the shallow end again 2 foot 6 inches deep, and the deep end was to be 8 foot, the whole of the deep end of the pool would start at the middle of the 8, A small bridge would cross the pool at the middle of the 8 so that the holidaymakers could get to either side of the pool without having to go around. and at the bottom of the 8 was to be a diving board and either side a springboard, a grassed area and lounging area would also be included and a hut for drinks and snacks.

The work on the indoor pool was straight forward, and once the topsoil was removed, then diggers were bought in to dig the hole, this did take some time,  in fact, it took almost 6 months to get things ready for spraying the concrete onto the walls and floor of the pool, then once dry, they had to tile the pool, within the four teams they found ten men who were tilers, so Stuart and Michael set them to work on the pool, and the rest of the workforce was split into three groups to work in the other jobs. 

The outdoor pool was found to be a lot harder, the topsoil had been removed, but the two diggers working on the pool were finding it very difficult to produce the figure 8, after a lot of thought, and sleepless nights, Stuart remembered, when they had done the new pool in Devon, they bought in a drilling team from Plymouth, and with them breaking up the rock, the diggers were able to remove the broken rubble by lorries. Stuart asked Michael if there was any drilling equipment on the Island, and Michael said he would find out, if there was, he would hire it to get the job done. In Stuart and Hannah's hut Michael got on the phone and spoke to a few people, then with a huge smile on his face, he said. "I have found a team with the equipment, will it be alright if they start on Monday, they will then work until the job is done". "Well done my friend".Stuart said slapping Michael on his back, then looking at Hannah he said. "Hannah make sure Michael has a small bonus in his pay packet on Friday". Hannah looked at Stuart and smiled, she blew him a kiss and said very quietly. "Love you".

As the work progressed week after week month after month the site was really beginning to look like a campsite, the grassed area for the tents was now flat with a walkway made of gravel, there were pitches for up to 50 tents, 25 on each side of the path, and if anyone wanted to rough camp, there was a small area that sloped down to the water, the grass was longer than the rest of the site, but for those campers who wanted that, then it was available, and Stuart worked out, that he could if needed put up to ten tents on that part of the site. it was now winter in Malta, and the workforce was working from 7 am till 4 pm Monday till Friday when the two busses would pick them up and take them to there homes, and once they had left the site, Stuart and Hannah would head back to there own accommodation, strip off and climb together into the shower, then with towels around there wet naked bodies, they would organise a meal for themselves. The would sit at the small table in the kitchen and eat, they would talk about how the work was progressing and what needed to be done the following week, then feeling very tired, they would go to bed and fall asleep too tired to do anything except have a kiss, Hannah would say in a sleepy voice. "Stuart, do you love me, because I really do love you". And Stuart would Hold Hannah close and say. "You know I do". 

It was Saturday morning and Stuart realised he was in bed alone, he made his way to the portacabin and put the kettle on, Hannah was stood at the sink having a wash, she was naked, she was also washing her breasts, it was then that she felt Stuart behind her. "Hello sweetheart, what are you doing here, I left you in bed, I was going to make us some breakfast and rejoin you in bed". As Stuart held Hannah close, his fingers found her breasts and he gave each one a gentle squeeze, Hannah closed her eyes she turned her head as far as it would go so that she could kiss this man who was at this moment in time giving her so much pleasure, as she felt Stuart growing, she allowed him to take his pleasure, and as she did, she felt good about herself, it was beginning to dawn on Hannah, when you loved someone as much as she loved Stuart, religion had no part in the relationship, love was love, and what two people did with each other love wise, was nothing to do with any religious order, it was up to the people involved. As Hannah felt Stuart's seed inside her, she turned around in his arms and kissed him hard. "Stuart my love, I do love you, ever since we first met and I felt week at the knees when you looked at me, and that very first kiss, |I knew that you were all I wanted in a man, and I don't care that we are from two different countries, it is possible to work it out, Japanese girls marry American men, white girls marry black or Asian men, and the relationship between them can be fantastic, so why can't a catholic marry a protestant, we both believe in the same God, and I don't think he will worry, who you love, as long as it is love, and I think, if my memory serves me correct, Jesus wasn't a roman catholic, he was a Jew, so where does my priest get off telling me who I can or can't fall in love with". Again as she held Stuart she could feel him beginning to grow, and again she let him have the pleasure of her body. 

Sat eating there breakfast Hannah looked across the table at Stuart thinking, I do wish we were married and I was having your baby, Then Stuart broke into her thoughts. "Hannah, we have the whole weekend, there is very little to do, let's do a little sightseeing, let's go and take a look at Malta, you can be my tour guide, what do you say". "I would love to do that Stuart, tell you what, let's get dressed and take the Range Rover, I will take you to Valletta and show you all that our capital has to offer.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Canoe, A Love Story