Mike and Nann had the flat to themselves for an hour, but Nann still made a cup of tea. "Well." She said. "What do you want to do, they won't be back for at least an hour." Mike thought, "Well we could just lay on the bed for an hour, and see what develops." Picking up there tea and Nann taking Mike by the hand she pulled him willingly into the bedroom. It was the middle of the afternoon, but Nann's bedroom was cooler than the lounge. Together on the bed fully clothed they lay alongside each other holding hands, as Nann closed her eyes, Mike turned onto his side and looked at this girl he loved so much. She was so beautiful Mike thought to himself, her bust, her hips and those long shapely legs. Mike was looking at Nann in great detail, something he had never really done before, her toes, her feet, her ankles, then her legs, as he got to her knees, his vision was blocked by the hem of her skirt. Very gently Mike raised the hem, she didn't move, didn't try to stop him, just let him carry on doing what he was doing. Mike looked at her thighs, they were like silk, soft and smooth, then he got to her underwear, she was wearing the green, they were almost transparent, he ran his fingers over them where her legs joined her body, Mike could see the faint tuffs of hair, and as he ran his fingers over it, Nann moaned quietly and parted her thighs, Mike could feel the moistness there, but Mike was not interested in the sexual side of Nann at this precise moment, he was interested in looking at the whole woman. Mike was now working his way over her stomach, and as he touched her belly button, Nann said sleepily. "Michael darling, what are you doing." Mike whispered into her ear."I just want to look at you." Nann was wearing a blouse with buttons down the front, very gently Mike undid the buttons and pulled both sides of the blouse away from Nann's body. With her eyes still closed, Nann did nothing to stop Mike. Looking down at her, he saw that Nann was wearing the bra that he so adored, Mike ran his fingers over her covered breasts, Nann moaned again and then opened her eyes, she looked at him. "What are you trying to do to me," she said, but Mike said nothing, he ran his finger over her neck, then her face and finally through her hair. Mike ran his fingers the length of Nann's body, then he leaned down and kissed her mouth, Nann returned the kiss, then with his fingers on her stomach Mike said. " You know, I have never really looked at you, don't get me wrong, I have seen you naked, but I have never really looked. And now today, I have, and you are really beautiful, your skin is soft like silk, you feel so fragile, I feel to pick you up you would disintegrate into a million pieces." Mike kissed her again. "Michael Palmer, you say the strangest things sometimes."  Nann said, "I don't know how to take them, but I suppose there must be a compliment in there somewhere. However, I won't break, in fact, I am quite strong, so are we going to make love or not, if not, I would like to get dressed again." Mike kissed her again then sat up, he turned towards her and holding her hands pulled her into a sitting position. Nann placed her feet on the floor, grabbed the two sides of her blouse and redid the buttons, it was at that moment, they both heard the front door open, and Grace and Roger's voices in the hall. As Nann hurriedly ran a comb through her hair, she and Mike made their way into the lounge. "Hello mummy, hello daddy, everything ok." "Hi kids," they said. "Everything is fine." Grace headed for the kitchen and made a cup of tea. Mike and Nann went out onto the balcony and out in the warm evening air held each other, Mike was nuzzling Nann's neck, he then gently bit into her earlobe, she pushed her head back onto his shoulder saying, "You can do that all night, I just love it. Then Nann turned in Mike's arms to face him. "By the way." she said softly."All this lovemaking we have been doing, and the new ways we have been doing it, how come you know so much about it these days. You haven't been practising with someone else in England, have you." Nann yelped, she felt the slap and the sting. Grace appeared on the balcony, Nann was rubbing her bottom. "Trouble.," she asked looking at Mike. "Will you tell your daughter how I feel about her Mrs Taylor please." Mike then sidestepped into the lounge, as Mike sat at the table, Roger looked up from his paper. "Trouble old son." he said. "You bet."Mike said. "You go out of your way to try and please a girl, and she accuses you of going with another woman." "Come on son, tell me what happened." Mike explained, that back in England a few of the lads in the mess had acquired some silent films of the adult variety, so we watched them, as you do, anyway while I was watching some of the action, I sort of tried to remember what I had seen, so anyway when I get back to your daughter..." Roger started to laugh. "You became the teacher, and someone is wondering how and why." Mike looked at Roger. "Anyway I smacked her bum, sorry, it just made me so angry, just for a split second. for 26 weeks I stayed on board at Raleigh studying and saving for our future, and now..."  Grace was stood in the doorway and had heard everything that Mike had said, she had a smile on her face, then said. "Well Michael son, if Maureen wants to sleep alone tonight, then you can always use the sofa, and when you hear Roger snoring, come and wake me up, I would love to know what you learned from watching those films. Nann pushed her mother into the room. "Mother, stop that." Grace looked at Roger and winked, then gave him a big smile. Nann went over to Mike and put her arms around his neck. "Sorry love." she said kissing him on the cheek. "I promise, I will never doubt you again. She sat on his knee and looking at her father, who was looking at his daughter with a stern expression on his face. "I am sorry daddy, but I know you, men, you tend to stick together, and I just, well anyway, I'm sorry.

They all sat down to a nice evening meal, topped off with homemade ice cream. Mike asked Grace where she had gotten the recipe, Grace smiled, then said. "your mum gave it to me." Mike looked at her. "I thought I recognised it, did she give you any more of her favourites." "A couple," Grace said, going to the kitchen, she came back with a small notebook, inside were loads of recipes, including macaroni cheese, and mothers famous curry.

"Wowee." Mike said. "She must have really liked you, mother doesn't give away her secrets readily." "Michael," Grace said. "Your mother and I were like sisters, we had a great time shopping and enjoying time together helping the other wives and families. When I told her about you and Maureen, at first she blew her top, but after a long chat and gallons of tea, she could see she would have to let it go, it would either wither and die like a weed in a garden, or it would grow like a rose. I am thankful that it has grown, I see you two going far," Mike smiled. "No Michael, please don't laugh, I have sat back and watch my daughter blossom into a beautiful young woman. I have watched her fall hopelessly in love. Then last year when you went back to England, I watched as my daughter cried herself to sleep night after night. I watched her read your letters over and over, even reading between the lines to see if the love was dying at your end, but it didn't, and with the help of a few people in high places, you are back together. Roger and I have given you permission to sleep together, we have turned a blind eye on the fact you are making love on a regular basis, but we know it is done taking precautions as asked by us grownups, but because we love you both and are happy for you, we want you to be happy, and for that love you have for each other to grow and be the binding force that keeps you together." 

"Yes," Roger said. It's like the roots of a tree, as the tree grows, so the roots spread out, if one or two roots get damaged or cut, the tree will still grow tall and strong. It's the same with love, it starts with holding hands, then the first kiss, then the making love, and the different ways you make love, all these things make the love strong. Should one or two problems appear, then the love won't entirely break down the love will be enough to help you work around them." Mike and Nann sat there mesmerised. "Do you really believe that," Mike said? "I do," Roger said. "That is why Grace and I have come this far, and your mother and father would tell you the same if they were here. It's people like the Morton's, where one tries to outdo the other that it doesn't work and to be honest, I can see Mrs Morton being sent back to the U.K. if she is not very careful, and if she does go home, then total separation will be the result. Whereas with Grace and I, and your mother and father, there is enough love and respect to get through almost all problems, and I as does Grace feel that you two are heading in the right direction. Yes, there will be situations, like yours tonight, but as Maureen realises, it was a misunderstanding, she has said sorry and you Mike have accepted that apology, so, you get on with your lives." It was 20-30 and Roger excused himself. "I need to be up early," he said. Grace said she would do the washing up and join him shortly. Mike went onto the balcony, it was still very warm, Nann joined him and kissed him on the mouth. "I am sorry, really I am," she said. "It's ok," Mike answered. "It really is, by the way, hows the bottom." Nann lifted the skirt, and in the dim light from the open door, Mike bent down and kissed her left cheek, he could see it was still a little red from the slap. Standing up, he remarked that transparent underwear does not protect, they don't even hinder, then kissing her on her mouth, he said."Sorry, but you did ask for it."  Grace called from the lounge. "Night you two, don't stay up too late, Maureen, you have work in the morning." Both Nann and Mike called out goodnight. Nann disappeared for a short time, then coming back to Mike she said. "We need to talk about our future together. Thinking about it, all we do is kiss and cuddle and make love, unless we are at work, then we just work, and I fee there is more to life than what we are putting into it." Mike put his hands up. "Woe, slow down a cotton picking moment," he said. Nann stood with her mouth open looking at him. "But," she said. "No buts," Mike said, you are the one who wanted me to take your virginity, and you're the one who wanted to play around all the time. Well, love, we have done all that, now we need to start living in the real world."

Nann put her arms around Mike's neck. "I know darling, I know, and I love you more than ever, we are the team that will come out on top. It's just that although we have talked about marriage and children, that's all we have done, talk about it, we have just skimmed over the surface, no definite plans." Mike held this woman, this woman that he wanted in his life, this woman that he wanted to marry and have as his wife. He looked into her face in the dim light and as he looked he saw the single tear on her lower eyelid. As it ran down her cheek he held her close and again kissed her mouth, they held the kiss for a long time, but it felt good, and it felt right. "Ok," Mike said,. " We need to start making notes of what we need and what we want, we have to get a plan of action organised so that we can get this marriage sorted." Nann held Mike around the waist. "Thank you my darling, thank you, you have made me the happiest woman in Malta." She looked at her watch. "Come on love, time to hit the hay.

In bed Nann said. "Michael, I have already had a word with mummy about us getting married, but I think she is still a little worried. So if you could talk to her and show her that we are very serious about all of this, then I think you can talk her round, and daddy, and they will agree to our plans and let us get married. What do you think." Mike had listened to everything that Nann had said, and he agreed with her, saying. "If I get the chance, I will have a word with your mother in the morning and see what she has to say." An hour later, they were asleep in each other's arms.

Comments

Martin P said…
To continue to next chapter click on The Old Sea Dog at top of page, then scroll to the bottom and click on More Posts, repeat until you reach November 27

Popular posts from this blog

The Canoe, A Love Story